Perfect for Summer Holidays
Easy Grilled Sweet Potato Pizzas
Prep Time: 10 mins, Cook Time: 15 mins, Total Time: 25 minutes
1 large sweet potato
1/3 cup organic marinara sauce (OR 1/4 cup pesto)*
1/3 cup mozzarella cheese
1 tablespoon olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat grill to 375ºF (alternatively you can use your oven).
2. Slice sweet potatoes length wise (about 1/4 of an inch thick), rub with olive oil (or spray with olive oil cooking spray) and season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Lay a piece of tin foil onto the grill and spray with olive oil cooking spray.
4. Place sweet potatoes onto tin foil and grill for 10 minutes or until you’ve created beautiful grill marks on your sweet potato slices. Then, flip.
5. Add 1 tablespoon of marinara sauce (or 1/2 tablespoon of pesto) and one tablespoon mozzarella cheese to each sweet potato slice and grill for an additional 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
6. Remove from grill and top with fresh basil.
*We wrote the recipe to serve 2, but know that you can easily double or triple this to serve more.
Author: Lee Hersh,