Today’s featured items are ceramic bakers by Richard Aerni. I met Richard more than 15 years ago at Vermont Clay Studio. I would see him at different shows across the country. When, I opened C2C in Grand Haven, he and I talked. Richard graciously agreed to become one of my artists. Since 2011, his functional pottery has become many of our customer’s favorite handmade pieces.
How would I use these serving pieces?
- One of my favorite uses is for serving a beef roast nestled in carrots and tomatoes
- Scalloped potatoes
- A fillet of sockeye salmon drizzled with a mustard and parsley sauce surrounded by red potatoes, asparagus, and miniature portobello mushrooms
- Three lines of sushi
- A pesto pasta dish
- One hand blown glass ornament or several collected over the years.
- Succulents planted in the center.
- I would suggest sand placed in the bottom and then three pillar candles of different heights but that seems a shame to hide the crystals growing in his glazes throughout the serving bowls. Have a wonderful day. Cheers.