Triple Berry Dutch Baby
Makes 10-inch pancake, serves 4
For the Dutch Baby:
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature for 30 minutes
- 2/3 cup whole milk, at room temperature
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
For the Berries:
2 cups fresh berries (I used sliced strawberries, fresh raspberries, and fresh blueberries)
- Place a rack in the center of the oven and preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, stir together sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Beat eggs with an electric beater or mixer on medium-high until pale and frothy, about 3 to 5 minutes . Beat in the milk, flour, cinnamon, and salt. Beat until thoroughly combined. The batter will be very thin.
- Place a 10-inch cast iron (or oven safe) skillet on the stovetop over medium heat. Melt the butter in the skillet. Remove from heat and immediately pour the batter into the pan. Immediately place the pan in the oven and bake for 18 to 22 minutes or until golden-brown and puffed.
- While the dutch baby bakes, add a few spoonfuls of the cinnamon sugar mixture to the fresh berries. Stir and let rest until ready to serve.
- Remove the baked and puffed dutch baby from the oven and immediately sprinkle generously with cinnamon and sugar. Add the berries. Slice and serve. Dutch babies are best served just after it comes out of the oven.